Wikipedia Angel Sanz Briz, Gavin And Stacey Christmas Special 2019 Review, Shall We Dance Full Movie, Baylor Bears Football Players, Metis Persona, Relationship Definition Psychology, Everton Squad 2004, What Was The Number One Song On December 23 1968, Nil By Mouth Complications, " />

“I promised them. Instead, Lauzon prefers to leave open a window of opportunity to potentially fight again, even if there’s no guarantee it will ever happen. Dana White is planning to force Joe Lauzon to retire after UFC Boston win. He beat a tough guy that I bet a lot of people didn’t think he was gonna beat. UFC President Dana White gives his reaction to Jon Jones confirming a rumor regarding him avoiding a drug test in 2015. I want to fight again. Alexander Volkanovski welcomes new contender in Brian Ortega: ‘Finally we have some direction in this division’. Getting beat in my hometown, in front of my…’ It’s just, you know…”. Later that same night at the post-fight press conference, White relayed that Lauzon had told him he’d retire, win, lose, or draw. They’re looking out for me. There is the chance, however, that another golden opportunity could fall into his lap and he’d be crazy to say no. By: Nolan King and John Morgan. “The entire thing was, if the fight does not go well, you’ll never hear from me again.”. The 35-year-old UFC veteran did not disappoint his hometown crowd, winning via dominant first-round TKO. White on infamous Jones story: ‘They don’t test for marijuana’. “I might want to do it again at some point but not right now,” Lauzon said. A well-rounded fighter, he is tied with Nate Diaz in having the second most post-fight bonus awards in UFC history, behind Donald Cerrone.Joe's younger brother, Dan Lauzon, is also a mixed martial artist. While Lauzon’s performance impressed many, UFC president Dana White apparently had a deal with him prior to the fight. “I understand exactly what they’re saying, and they want it to end on a positive note, which it did, I understand. If I’m going to fight, it’s going to be because everything’s perfect.”. “‘It’s so hard to walk away. “Yeah,” he responded. 1 contender after Brian Ortega dominated "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung in the UFC Fight Island 6 main event. “He said, [my boxing coach Steve] ‘Maze doesn’t think you should fight.’ I understand, Maze is not in charge of me, (and) I’ve made some big changes. It’s entirely possible his win over Pearce from this past Friday could be his last. UFC featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski is excited to finally have a new No. I’m just saying I’m not 100 percent committing to that. “The fact that it was in Boston, (and) the fact that it was off such a long layoff. Pros react to Teofimo Lopez vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko showdown. Obviously, that didn’t happen. I looked great tonight.’ And then if they lose, ‘I can’t go out like this. “I promise you will never, ever hear from me again about trying to fight,” Lauzon said of his words to the UFC exec. I never said I was done win, lose, or draw, the way you’re explaining it,” Lauzon said. But then Lauzon followed through and demolished Jonathan Pearce in just 93 seconds. “What better way to go out than tonight? But Lauzon doesn’t want to declare he’s finished, only to get the itch to compete again six months to one year from now and be forced to walk back his own retirement. Afterward, he wasn’t ready to say his career was over. At that point, Lauzon said he spoke to White again, assuring his boss that if his fight in Boston didn’t end well, he’d call it a career, no questions asked. I think that was mid-June. Just a lot of things went really, really well. Dana White says he will force Joe Lauzon to retire after UFC Boston win, Korean Zombie says he doesn’t remember the last three rounds of Ortega fight. The Melvin [Guillard] fight was really memorable. I’ve had a lot of good ones. Instead, he insisted on making a decision that wasn’t based on the emotions that swelled with a win before a raucous hometown crowd. “I’m not going to argue with (White), but I just sent him a screenshot of the conversation,’ Lauzon said. ‘The Korean Zombie’ has no idea how he was still standing against Brian Ortega at UFC Fight Night 180. I’ve had a lot of really, really great fights where I’ll never forget certain things. I’m just not ready to fully commit to the door being closed 100 percent.”. He said, ‘Deal,’ and that got the ball rolling with Shelby. And he beat a real guy tonight. Dana White is planning to force Joe Lauzon to retire after UFC Boston win. Brian Ortega says fight fans should expect some future rounds between himself, Alexander Volkanovski, and Max Holloway. UFC Boston - Reyes vs Weidman - The 6th Round SBN MMA Post-Fight Show by Bloody Elbow Presents, UFC Fight Night: Reyes vs. Weidman previews, predictions, results, play-by-play, highlights, more, The Mookie & Crookie Show 42: NYT names McGregor in sexual assault case, White says he will force Lauzon to retire after UFC Boston win, White blames Hardy’s corner for inhaler use at UFC Boston, Men's UFC 253 Adesanya vs Costa Artist Series Event T-Shirt, Israel Adesanya Champion Authentic UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Paulo Costa Chalk UFC Fight Night Walkout Hoodie Replica, Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya Silhouette T-Shirt, Khabib hints at retirement at 30-0: I could go out like Floyd Mayweather, Adesanya says Jones is too scared to fight at heavyweight. I said, ‘Thank you for everything, I appreciate it,’ and he was like, ‘I was expecting a retirement speech.’, “I said, ‘Never make a decision when you’re emotional, (and) maybe that was the last one, but maybe not, we’ll see.’ Then he didn’t say anything, and then after the fact, the next day, I saw a thing about ‘I’m going to make Lauzon retire.’”. I’m not going to fight some time I don’t want to fight,” Lauzon explained. Several months passed without a fight, so Lauzon wasn’t sure if the UFC was putting him on ice, hoping he’d eventually change his mind about competing again. “It’s a great way to end it if it’s the end, for sure,” Lauzon said at the post-fight news conference. “He’s like, ‘If you really want to fight again, we’ll let you. Joe Lauzon knew there was a chance he’d retire following his fight this past weekend at UFC on ESPN 6. They don’t want to see me get beat up. Joe Lauzon non-committal on retirement after UFC on ESPN 6 win, but Dana White pushing for it New, 12 comments By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Oct 19, 2019, 10:00am EDT “Me and Joe Lauzon had a deal that he would retire after this fight, win, lose, or draw. I’ll wait it out and see what happens. By Milan Ordoñez @Mr_Ordonez Oct 19, 2019, 11:30am EDT Share this story Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez full fight video highlights. “If I’m done, I’m done. So when asked if he would try to force Lauzon into retirement, White had this to say. After 16 months in the sidelines, Joe Lauzon made his 27th Octagon appearance against Dana White Contender Series alum Jonathan Pearce. “And this is one of those things when you’re talking to a guy who loves to fight like Joe Lauzon loves to fight, and the Chuck Liddells, and many, many more in the past that I’ve dealt with,” White continued. I understand all of the pros to being done right now, and I’m not saying that I’m not going to do that. “This was a big one. Joseph Edward Lauzon Jr. (born May 22, 1984) is an American professional mixed martial artist, competing in the UFC's Lightweight division.

Wikipedia Angel Sanz Briz, Gavin And Stacey Christmas Special 2019 Review, Shall We Dance Full Movie, Baylor Bears Football Players, Metis Persona, Relationship Definition Psychology, Everton Squad 2004, What Was The Number One Song On December 23 1968, Nil By Mouth Complications,