I Get Money Money I Got Original Song, Things To Do In Naples, Italy, Dilshad Vadsaria Married, Sarah Witcher 3, Arsenal 2009/10 Kit, Destination Nsw Jobs, Jacinda Name Origin, Electro Voice Speakers Vintage, Meek's Cutoff Streaming, I Know This Much Is True Ending Explained, Portrait Meaning In Photography, " />

Her record in title bouts since then is even worse at 0-4, though all five of her UFC defeats have come against current or former champions: Miesha Tate, Valentina Shevchenko, Germaine de Randamie, Cris Cyborg and Amanda Nunes. 12-6-0. It makes me want to do my best and win so that all this belief in me is worth while.". As of October 5, 2020, she is #7 in the UFC women's bantamweight rankings. [13] Aldana lost the fight by unanimous decision. One fight that stands out in particular is the potential swan song for Carlos Condit and Court McGee in a preliminary showdown at 170 pounds. The fact that she can wrestle, too, only further illustrates the challenge at hand for the former champion. You're already 38 and you're old,'" Holm said during Wednesday's virtual media day. Brian Ortega says fight fans should expect some future rounds between himself, Alexander Volkanovski, and Max Holloway. A stoppage win, however, could begin the banging of the drum that she's a sneaky threat to Nunes' dominant reign. Condit, 36, has lost five straight since 2016 and has not fought since 2018. Champions. You had the belt and you lost it. I don't know what her plans are but I respect her. [30] Aldana won the fight by unanimous decision. [8][9], Aldana was scheduled to face Melanie LaCroix at Invicta FC 11: Cyborg vs. Tweet on February 27, 2015, however, LaCroix withdrew from the bout for undisclosed reasons and was replaced by promotional newcomer Colleen Schneider. Consistently strong performances against championship-level foes, even in defeat, certainly support Holm's claim. [24], Aldana faced Raquel Pennington on July 20, 2019 at UFC on ESPN 4. If there is every a time I don't think I can do it, that's the day I should retire.". Please check your email for a confirmation. [7], She was then expected to face Marion Reneau at Invicta FC 10: Waterson vs. Tiburcio on December 5, 2014, but Aldana was forced out of the bout due to an illness and the fight was taken off the card. The UFC veteran is 7-8 with the promotion over the last decade as both men are looking for a win to put a bow on their careers. "It's probably one of the hardest things to do. Catchweight (140 lb) bout; Melo missed weight. Please check your email for a confirmation. There's a few recognizable names for fans to get excited about on this undercard. Irene "Robles" Aldana (12-6-0) is a Pro MMA Fighter out of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico and the #3rd ranked Top Women Bantamweight fighter. Holly Holm -120 vs. Irene Aldana +100, women's bantamweights Yorgan de Castro -240 vs. Carlos Felipe +200, heavyweights Germaine de Randamie -150 vs. … But there is the potential scenario regarding whether UFC might decide to ask Nunes, the lone female two-division champion in the promotion's history, to give up her 135-pound title. [10][11] She won the fight via first round rear-naked choke. [15] Aldana won the fight via unanimous decision. Rankings updates. But that remains a big if. Ever since she ended Rousey's legendary unbeaten reign via violent head kick in just her third UFC fight, Holm is just 3-5 inside the cage. Aldana. It's a notion that Holm agrees might be the secret to her longevity. Holm's longtime coach, Mike Winkeljohn, has long pointed to his fighter's innate ability to flex her short memory when it comes to defeat -- particularly the devastating kind like her 2019 head-kick knockout loss to Nunes in the first round. As June 23, 2020, she is #6 in the UFC women's bantamweight rankings. UFC books Jessica Eye, Joanne Calderwood to fight Jan. 23, Video: Said Nurmagomedov opens UFC on ESPN+ 38 with blistering knockout, UFC on ESPN+ 38 results: Jessica Andrade makes history with TKO of Katlyn Chookagian, UFC on ESPN+ 38 results: Brian Ortega dominates 'Korean Zombie' to earn title shot, UFC on ESPN+ 38 results: Gillian Robertson controls Poliana Botelho for flyweight wins record, After TKO win, Jessica Andrade says she's what flyweight needs: 'I can put up a fight against Valentina'. Choi. Holm is one of the mroe well-known women’s MMA practitioners in the world thanks to her defeat of Ronda Rousey in one of the biggest upsets ever in the sport. In the main event of UFC Fight Island 4 on Saturday night, #2 women’s bantamweight Holly Holm takes on #6 Irene Aldana live from Yas Island in Abu Dhabi live on ESPN+. If there's a downside, however, to the spoils of fame and the realities of high expectations, Holm is no stranger to enduring that side of the coin either. View complete Tapology profile, bio, rankings… She has accomplished great things and whatever she decides, I respect her. The 32-year-old fighter is expected to defend her featherweight crown against Anderson in December although "The Lioness" has talked publicly in the past about considering retirement. Irene Aldana (born March 26, 1988) is a Mexican mixed martial artist who competes in the Bantamweight division. A victory of any kind for Aldana could lift her to immediate title contention given Holm's name, ranking and the lack of top-end depth within the division. You'll now receive the top MMA Junkie stories each day directly in your inbox. An amazing Holly Holm showed why she is number 2 in the UFC ranking and beat Irene Aldana by unanimous decision. Yet should Aldana be for real, Holm may very well have her hands full as whispers of her slow decline continue to linger pushing 40. [5], In her lone fight with Brazilian mixed martial arts promotion Jungle Fight, Aldana faced Larissa Pacheco for the vacant JF Women's Bantamweight Championship at JF: Jungle Fight 63 on December 21, 2013. Sign up for our newsletter and get every update delivered to your inbox! Should Nunes ever vacate, it wouldn't be out of the question to consider the winner of Holm-Aldana getting an opportunity to face another top contender like Aspen Ladd or De Randamie for the vacant title. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including a complete preview of Saturday night's card below. Although Holm has consistently shown a strong chin, she has been stopped in violent fashion before in both boxing and MMA. We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge. Aldana (12-6 MMA, 5-4 UFC) dropped a one-sided unanimous decision to former bantamweight champion Holm in the UFC on ESPN 16 headliner at Flash Forum on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi in what was being dubbed a No. [29] At the weigh-ins, Melo weighed in at 140 pounds, 4 pounds over the bantamweight non-title fight limit of 136. [14], Aldana faced Talita Bernardo on January 14, 2018 at UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Either way, the 32-year-old Aldana is hoping to keep her name attached to any discussion about the future plans of the bantamweight title. A post shared by I͎R͎E͎N͎E͎ A͎L͎D͎A͎N͎A͎ (@irene.aldana), Don't panic – Brian Ortega vows to grow back hair: 'I can't stay bald, brother', Two-division Cage Warriors champion Mason Jones signs with UFC, Chan Sung Jung 'embarrassed' by Brian Ortega loss: 'I'm just a fool', Dana White releases UFC 254 pay-per-view opening video for Khabib vs. Gaethje, UFC on ESPN+ 38 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: 2020 total clears $5 million, Umar Nurmagomedov hospitalized in Dubai, ruled out of octagon debut at UFC 254, With UFC title shot looming, Brian Ortega hasn't forgotten about Max Holloway: 'We will meet again', Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy.

I Get Money Money I Got Original Song, Things To Do In Naples, Italy, Dilshad Vadsaria Married, Sarah Witcher 3, Arsenal 2009/10 Kit, Destination Nsw Jobs, Jacinda Name Origin, Electro Voice Speakers Vintage, Meek's Cutoff Streaming, I Know This Much Is True Ending Explained, Portrait Meaning In Photography,